Stringo has developed new software for the Stringo S-series that will increase the user experience and provide additional safety features. The software upgrade is free of charge and includes features such as enhanced acceleration/de-acceleration characteristics, automatic shutdown and more.
As we at Stringo identify ways to improve our products, we want to offer our customers this service. The new functionalities that comes with this upgrade are automatic shutdown that will ensure that the key on hours and the traction hours are more in line to accurately represent usage. It will also include enhanced acceleration/de-acceleration characteristics which means smoother operation. And safety features like Hill Hold functionality for S3/S3, and that loading of new vehicles will not be possible if battery level is lower than 20% (unloading will still work).
We have also identified two related potential safety issues that we have corrected with this software upgrade.
"The conflict that we have identified has only affected 1% of our total fleet to date, but we feel we must address it across all delivered units", says Magnus Grafström, CTO at Stringo.
We strongly recommend that you do this upgrade if you own a Stringo. Unless you own a Stringo S2 with serial number 2019-102 or greater, or Stringo S3 with serial number 2019-089 or greater, they are unaffected as all units already have the upgraded software.
The upgrade is free of charge since we want to make it as easy as possible for our customers. There are two ways you can get the upgrade. You might be contacted by one of our retailers or you can contact us and we will send you the software necessary to easily do the upgrade procedure yourself.
"Stringo will always strive for excellence and listen to our customers to improve efficiency, safety and user experience. And safety is always a top priority for us", says Magnus.
New functionalities in short
- Automatic shutdown - 30 min factory setting (can be set from 10 min to 4 h) – This will ensure the key on hours and the traction hours are more in line to accurately represent usage.
- Enhanced acceleration/de-acceleration characteristics – Smoother operation.
- Individual settings for warning light and warning sound (only forward, only backward or both).
- Hill Hold functionality for S3/S3H – Better operator security.
- S2 is shown in the S2 display instead of S3.
- Loading a vehicle is not possible if battery level is lower than 20% (unloading will still work).
- Enhanced EMR (Emergency Reverse) functionality
- Error code if CAN-communication is interrupted